Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday, July 07, 2013 - ,, No comments

New Bike Borrowing in Ansan


In a nutshell: not ready for prime time.

I was happy to see the English options on the screen and relatively simple instructions.

Tried to go online to register.  Wouldn't take my name and ARC number.  Went to the booth near Gojan and spoke to the people there about it.  They had nothing to offer me, but they did take me in the office and help me try on the computer.  They told me to bring back a Korean speaking friend.  I asked them the best I could to write the issue on paper.  They wrote down in Korean "bring a Korean speaking friend".  Facepalm.

A friend in the office of my school made a phone call.  We were told that foreigners weren't added to the system yet.  They would do a work-around if I filled out a special form and send a copy of my ARC.  Done.

A few hours later, another call.  The ARC copy wasn't faxed clearly enough.  Send again - lighter.  Done.

A few hours later, yet another call.  Foreigners aren't yet eligible for the program yet due to a computer issue.

Three or four weeks later, no clear solution yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment